The After-School Program (ASP) at UCC offers a caring, safe, and educational environment for our boys, while providing a service to our families beyond the regular school day.
Starting with a nutritional supplement, followed by a supervised, scheduled homework or reading session, the boys will be engaged physically or mentally through a variety of club opportunities, introducing basic skills, advanced skills or character life skills to fit all our boys’ needs, always keeping in mind our learner profile.
The ASP offers a multitude of services for our boys and parents including, but not limited to the following:
- supervised after-school care for our families between the hours of 3 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- a nutritional snack to help revitalize the boys’ energy to get through a longer school day
- educational assistance in our homework sessions from our ASP staff, guided by our own Wernham West Centre For Learning (WWCFL) personnel
- engaging the boys in creative, physical or technology experiences in a structured, but fun and relaxed environment
- providing three types of after-school clubs to challenge and educate our boys on different levels (active bodies, active minds, or combination clubs).
We encourage you to come down to the Prep Dining Hall, find out what’s new in our program and meet and introduce yourself to our Ontario College of Teachers certified ASP staff.