At UCC, we believe in boys. One key way we demonstrate that is by offering them food that will nourish them to be the best they can be in the classroom and in their co-curricular activities. We “think ahead” about the food choices they’re offered today to encourage them to be healthy eaters for life.
Why this matters to you:
1 There’s a proven link between nutrition and health, and the impact it can have on academic and co-curricular performance.
2 Fresher ingredients in the kitchen mean healthier and tastier food for our boys.
The nutrition committee (which includes parents, students and school representatives) and Aramark, UCC’s food service provider, work together to provide diverse food service choices to students, staff and faculty members that are nutritious, promote best practices in sustainability and are cost-effective in all aspects of our operations.
UCC features two dining halls serving all you can eat meals, as well as several retail areas offering grab-and-go healthy snacks and meals
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks to fuel students throughout the day
- All you can eat dining including main entrée, soups, extensive salad bar and dessert
- Made-from-scratch salad dressings, soups, sauces and baked goods
- Local, sustainable and organic as available
- Whole grain baked goods, pasta, pizza and breads
- A variety of fresh fruits and vegetables every day
- High protein smoothies, yogurt parfaits, and fresh cut fruit
- Hearty chili, soups and curry bowls during fall and winter
- Minimal sugar, sodium, trans-fats and processed meats
- Antibiotic-free meats in the Prep dining hall and boarder’s dinners
- Vegetarian entrees and snack options at every meal
- Gluten free options and foods for many types of special diets
- Nut-free foods in all locations
- Ingredients carefully selected to boost brainpower, balance mood and fuel active students