Welcome to ASP! My name is Paul McGarr and I’m the co-ordinator of the Prep’s after-school program (ASP). I welcome feedback from our UCC parents to continue to mold our program to benefit all our boys to the best of our ability. Here are some highlights of this year’s program:
- nutritional snack plans for each day of the week (theme days)
- quiet time provided for our homework club with CFL trained and assisted qualified Ontario Certified Teacher staff. (Please talk to your boys or form advisers about how to communicate needs for boys to best use this time. ASP staff will gladly support your boys with their homework)
- increased intensity, variety and balance of club opportunities throughout the year
- theme days, including game days, play days, arts and crafts day, movie day, etc. on top of your club options at no extra fee
- Year 6/7 tournament days (focus days: ball hockey, football, etc.); a small fee applies
- advanced robotics, computer programming and coding programs
- Primary arts clubs provided by our primary arts teacher
- Chess Kindergarten curricular program featuring the Chess Institute of Canada and their amazing instructors, groups to be split by ability and knowledge
- seven highly qualified and energetic staff excited to meet and learn about our boys
- free trial days (when possible) to experience some of our upcoming club options before you commit to our programs for the term
- picture boards where our staff will display pictures of your boys in action during club time
- and many more exciting things to come
Please see other web pages detailing the ASP program:
ASP Daily Schedule – What will your kids After School Day look like?
ASP Club Descriptions – What will each program offer?
ASP Club Schedule – Detailed Schedules, including times and who runs them.
ASP Registration – Registration instructions, including links to registration forms.
Please feel free to drop in anytime to meet our amazing new staff. If you have any questions or comments about the ASP program feel free to contact me any time.