Mark your calendar for Association Day 2018 – Saturday, September 29
UCC will be celebrating its 39th A-Day on September 29! Our theme is “Makers and Innovators”. A-Day is one of the biggest community events of the school year. Join Old Boys, students, parents, past parents and friends of the College for a wonderful day of friendship, fun and UCC spirit.
This year’s A-Day parent chair is Heather Senst, mother of Preston ’22. Together with her Steering Committee members Heather is working hard to make this year’s event better than ever and encourages everyone to take part in celebrating our vibrant school community.
Come out and enjoy:
- An awesome Kidzone – bigger and better for ages three to 14
- A LEGO creation station – enriching the minds of our youth
- The return of A-Tunes, UCC’s musical talent show
- The chance to meet Principal Sam McKinney and Rosey McKinney
- Water stations on campus*
*In an effort to decrease the carbon footprint, we will NOT be selling bottled water. Please bring your own water bottle for filling at our two stations — one at the barbecue and one near the Snack Shack (close to the clock tower entrance). We’ll also be selling stainless steel water bottles.
And, don’t forget to enjoy the things that always make A-Day so special:
- New parent breakfast
- Prep Café and Snack Shack — Kona coffee available
- Prep Café, Snack Shack and barbecue lunch — nut-free options available
- The Jon Wookey ’08 Memorial Organic Farmers’ Market
- Prep Soccerfest
- Varsity volleyball, soccer and football games (Go Blues!)
- The Michael Evan Jurist ’03 Memorial Tennis Tournament
- Chapman’s ice cream and Kernels popcorn
- Silent auction
- Dunk tank
- UCC club tables
- UCC Sports Shop (Open 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in the Upper School basement)
- Hospitality terrace (19+)
- ABC and BBC info tents
- Campus tours
- Great music throughout the day
- …And much, much more!
Join the community at the front steps of the Upper School at 11:30 a.m. for a musical performance by the community band.
Please check back with us in the coming weeks for a sneak peek at what you can bid on at the silent auction, as well as up-to-the-minute information about A-Day. Use these schedules to navigate all events and athletic competitions.
Interested in sponsoring A-day?
In order to offset the costs associated with hosting A-Day, we seek donations for our barbecue, Snack Shack and, most importantly, silent auction. These are great revenue-generating opportunities and we very much appreciate the support of our donors. Items donated are entitled to a gift-in-kind tax receipt.
There are also many other ways to support A-Day. Please click here for a list.
Interested in volunteering on A-day?
Moms, dads, uncles and aunts are all welcome to help out on A-day. Students, don’t miss this opportunity to obtain Community Service Hours. Click here to sign up to volunteer.
If you have any questions, please contact UCC’s Event Manager Maria Karakoulas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-488-1125 ext. 2231.
Future Association Day dates:
2019 – October 5
2020 – September 26
2021 – September 25
2022 – October 1