The After School Program (ASP) at Upper Canada College offers a caring, safe and educational environment for our UCC boys, while providing a service to our families beyond the regular school day.
Starting with a nutritional supplement and after a supervised, scheduled homework or reading session, the boys are engaged physically or mentally through a variety of club opportunities, introducing basic skills, advanced skills or character life skills to fit all our boys’ needs, always keeping in mind our IB Learner Profile.
The ASP offers a multitude of services for our boys and parents including:
- supervised after school care for our families between the hours of 3 and 6 p.m.
- Rates are $15/hour with a 15 minute grace period (billed every half hour)
- Charges – Minutes 1-15 free, 16-45 ($7.50), 46-75 ($15) etc.
- a nutritious snack to help revitalize the boys’ energy to get through a longer school day
- educational assistance in our homework sessions from our ASP staff and guided by Wernham West Centre For Learning (WWCFL) personnel
- engaging the boys in creative, physical or technology experiences in a structured, fun and relaxed environment
- after school clubs to challenge and educate our boys on different levels (active bodies, minds, or combination clubs)
We encourage current parents to come down to the Prep Dining Hall to find out what is new in our program and to meet and introduce yourself to our friendly and experienced ASP staff. More on the ASP fall clubs including a registration link and daily schedule is available here.