My name is Paul McGarr and I am the Coordinator of the Upper Canada College Prep School After School Program (ASP). I welcome feedback from our UCC parents to continue to mold our After School Program to benefit all of our boys here at the Prep to the best of our ability. Here are some highlights of this year’s program:
- nutritional snack plans for each day of the week (theme days)
- quiet time for our Homework Club with CFL trained and assisted qualified staff.
- please talk to your boys or Form Advisor’s on how to communicate needs for boys to best use this time. ASP staff will gladly support your boys with their homework if needed.
- theme days including ‘Game Days’, ‘Play days’, ‘Arts and Crafts’, and ‘Movie Days’
- Year 6/7 Special Days – (One day babysitting certification course – Oct. 12, 2018, focus days ball hockey tournaments) – small fees apply (details on registration)
- new Mandarin program – we will start with beginner Mandarin in the Fall – this program will develop and advance over time as we figure out UCC Family needs.
- new Debating program with intensified curriculum and increased class sizes that feature professional instruction. (class limit 20)
- Financial Literacy opens up 2 new programs – ‘ Money Makers’ where even our youngest can learn how to deal with money and Financial Literacy III, where boys can learn about investments, etc. ending with a real-time investment tournament.
- increased professionally trained coaches for some of our Sports clubs
- Robotics Clubs from Logics Academy, and Hatch Canada’s – Computer Programming Programs developed to meet all boy’s levels of interest.
- our competitive CHESS curricular program continues to build from last year.
- 5 highly qualified and energetic staff excited to meet and learn about our boys
- free trial days (when possible) to experience some of our upcoming Club options
- picture and information boards where all questions pertaining to our ASP can be answered and our staff will display pictures of your boys in action during club time!
- and many, many more exciting things to come
Please see all documents detailing the 2018 ASP:
ASP Welcome – What our program values and rates
ASP Registration Winter 2019 – Registration instructions, including links to registration forms.
ASP Winter 2019 Club Schedule – Detailed daily schedules with times and dates.
ASP Daily Schedule – What will your kids After School Day look like?
ASP Club Descriptions – What will each program offer – categorized for you.
All documents will also be available on the schools website by mid October.
Please feel free to drop in anytime to meet our amazing new staff!
If you have any questions or comments about the ASP program feel free to contact me anytime.
416-488-1125 X 4057